With only 51 days, or 7 weeks, until the wedding, I feel a strong need to focus my wedding-drained brain, and tackle our ‘to do list’ a week or 2 at a time. 7 weeks is quite a long time really, so I’m not stressing, but we need to keep ticking the boxes. September is probably the busiest month of the year for us, mostly due to birthdays (the Groom and his 3 siblings are all born in September, plus my uncle and a couple of friends!). Unfortunately the to-do list won’t complete itself, so we must find time over the next couple of weeks!
To keep myself on track, here is our list:
Completed this week:
- Ordered bubbles, sparklers and tealight candles – all were delivered this week
- First draft of the reception seating plan
- All RSVPs received
- 3rd dance lesson, routine finished!
To do (2 weeks):
- Order / buy suits for the Groom and groomsmen – the original suits from 10 weeks ago are canned, apparently it’s not that easy (I knew it), and we need to find lighter grey suits ASAP, like, yesterday – the Groom and Best Man are looking tomorrow
- Buy hair combs to make veil, and organza for hair flowers – the alterations lady / dressmaker is making these
- Find shoes for bridesmaids – looking on Sunday
- Have bridesmaids try on dresses again and take to alterations lady if needed – weekend of the 25th
- Pick up my wedding ring
- Cut out 104 circles of calico for the bonfav lids
- Renew the Groom’s passport
- Practise our cha-cha-cha! 😀
- Arrange an introduction with the cat sitter and our cats – we’ve got a cat sitter to look after our 2 cats in our home while we’re in the Hunter for 4 days 😀
Phew! Ok, that feels better – it’s all manageable, and on track! Apart from the suits. Which are way overdue. But that will be sorted in the next week at the latest *threatening voice*.